Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Today it was quiet

Today has been a quiet day.
A day where my house feels a bit empty.
Something, someone is missing.

Today it was rainy out.
Today felt off.

There were still the kisses and cuddles.
The chasing and playing.

But something still felt off.
I know why.

This person is not here today.
She is away at school.
Learning all sort so new things.
Reconnecting with classmates from last year and hopefully making some new friends as well.

Yep, this year is a big year.
3rd grade seems like such a transitional year.
They seem to somehow grow up more, mature in the end.
Yes, I am excited to see what this year has in store.

I am even more excited though to see her this afternoon.
To find out how her day went.
 To talk about all of the amazing things that happened today.
But really, I am most excited about wrapping her up in a hug and telling her how happy I am that she had a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's fabulous that you love your kids SO MUCH that you miss them so much when they're away from you. You are definitely a model mother ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she had a great first day!

    ReplyDelete