Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Funny



The Good: The littles were absolutely worn out after our very long and busy day. K had gotten a Panera gift card so I headed over there to pick up some food for dinner. Adison waited very patiently and was piece of cake. The littles though were a piece of work.  I was worn out and my shoulder was hurting so the littles acting like wild animals in a restaurant was not my idea of a good time. I was trying to keep order but they were all over the place, sigh. Finally the food was ready and we were headed to the door when these two women stopped me and said, "You have such a beautiful family." I was taken aback and was honestly very touched. How sweet in my moment of almost tears and frustration that these women held out a sympathetic hand and gave me encouragement. It meant so much to me that all I could do was thank them.
Adison and Ainsley had great first days of school. I am so very proud of them and happy as well.
I am going to be able to have some special one on one time with Abby which makes me so happy.

The Bad: My shoulder, plain and simple. K picked up my prescription for me, I am praying this works.

The Funny: Ainsley has a treasure chest which is an old Fisher Price Barn from probably the '70s or '80s. I think I have mentioned it once before. Tonight she asked me to put her flashlight in it after I tucked her in for the nigh. When I looked inside I couldn't help but burst into laughter. It is full with all sorts of trinkets and treasures. I am planning on doing a post about it.
I know that we have had a lot more funnies this week, my brain is zapped though I can't remember, sadface.

How has your week gone?

3 comments:

  1. My kids have not been very restaurant friendly either. I love nice people. I hope to be one someday.

    My daughter loves to store treasures in random places around the house, but never a barn--so cute. :)

    I hope your pains meds work wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww. my kids are crazy at best. thank you for the post though. It taught me how to put a positive when people come up to me and tell me how behaved my kids are. I need to say thank you, they are great and see how my hard work is paying off. INstead of saying, this isn't good they are misbehaving. Glad I took time out to visit today. I feel inspired :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of that lady to give you the compliment right when you needed it, I always enjoy that and it helps me remember what's important! Can't wait to hear what was in the treasure chest :)

    ReplyDelete