Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Simplifying

How do you choose what to get rid of?

I need to de-clutter and simplify our lives.
There are just so many toys and dolls and...well...everything.

I need, no, HAVE to declutter.

I am tired of having all these things.
This stuff.

My kids don't even seem to play with all of these things.
But when it actually comes time to get rid of them I can't commit.

My brain dialogue goes something like this:

What if someday someone wants to play ________ and we don' have it.
Aw, I so remember _________ playing with this toy. I am sure that __________ would love it too.

I am sure that someday all of these toys will get played with.
Simply because they are there.

But, I have a sneaking suspicion that if we had fewer toys that the kids would actually play with what we have more.

Plus, an added bonus would be that I am no longer picking up as many toys.

I really would like to know.

How do you choose what stays and what goes?

How do you know when it is time to give something the ax and something else gets a pass?

1 comment:

  1. I go through the same thought process but basically everything I 'get rid of' goes in a plastic bin in the garage so Braden can use it when he's bigger. Maybe I'm a toy hoarder :)

    ReplyDelete