Thursday, August 25, 2011

The creepy troll





My Dad has a troll like this that he would tease us with when my brother and I were growing up.
Well, his troll was much larger and much uglier.
Believe me when I tell you that it's possible.

I guess I should preface all of this with saying that my dad is a big joke-ster.

Stink bombs - check
Scary masks at Halloween - check
Jumping out and scaring the daylights out of me - check

I remember laughing A LOT as a child.
My parents would play tricks on each other as well.

Perhaps the best laughs EVER were the ones including the troll.

If my memory is correct {which these days is never a given} I  think that my dad was given the troll as a gift by my grandfather.
Why?
I have no idea, I will have to ask him about it.

Anyways...back to the tricks.

My dad used to hide it in various places to scare us.

One morning when I woke up to get ready for school  and as soon as my eyes popped open I was staring a very creepy troll right in the face.
I am not sure if I screamed or not, but knowing me and how easily I startle, it probably happened.
I can however, say with complete certainty that I laughed afterwards.

Another time my mom was the victim of the troll.
My dad stuck it in the freezer.
When she went to get something out there awaited the troll.
Now I am fairly certain that she did scream while the rest of us were rolling in laughter, ya know, because we are nice like that.

We would find him in all sorts of places.The closet or under your pillow.
In the bathroom.
The possibilities were limitless.

There would be a long enough time in between scares so you NEVER knew when to expect it either.

What made the troll equally funny though was that his hair had become unglued at some point so it looked like the poor thing had a toupee on that just wouldn't stay put.

Such fond memories :)



1 comment: