Thursday, August 4, 2011

Instinct

Yesterday Abby was acting off.
I knew that she was teething but something just felt off.
My mommy instincts were flashing bright red lights at me.
I just knew that there had to be something else going on.

Then she woke up from her nap.
She had a fever and was lethargic.
She just wanted to be held and you could tell by the look in her eyes that she was miserable.
I talked with K on the phone about it and we concluded that if she still had a fever tomorrow that I would take her to the doctor.

I talked with my friend, Jennifer, on the phone to cancel our plans for today because Abby wasn't feeling well.
While talking with her I kept saying, for some reason I think she has an ear infection.

Yes, this is the picture I posted yesterday, sorry, ha ha!

Then K came home.
One look at her and he came to the same conclusion that I had.
Something was going on.
Something was off and her acting like that made us both uncomfortable.
{Our kids typically don't get lethargic when sick or feverish. It just doesn't happen.}

We decided that I would take her to get seen at the after hours clinic.
This is the picture that I sent K after meeting with the doctor.


Turns out that she has a double ear infection.
The doctor was concerned about a fever spike since she was having a hard time with it even while on fever reducers.
He recommended that she sleep in our room so we could keep an eye on her.
We were planning on doing that anyways.
Great minds think alike, ha!

There is something about mother's intuition, that instinct that tells us that there is something going on.
Listen to that voice, that feeling.
The chances are that you are right and if by chance you are not, then you got your little one checked out.
Peace of mind is always worth a little check up.


4 comments:

  1. Poor baby!! Glad you followed your instincts! Hope she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor thing. I'm so sorry. I hope she feels better soon!!!

    And, I TOTALLY agree about mother's intuition!!! I've had that feeling twice with Grace - just that *something* was off - the first she ended up in the ER with croup and she could barely breathe, and the second time she was admitted to the hospital with what wound up being toxic shock syndrome!! I will ALWAYS listen to the spirit's prompting now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you listened to your instincts and brought her in. I hope she is feeling better today. Poor baby ear infections hurt so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww..poor thing! Good thing you have good mommy instincts! She's lucky to have you!

    Hope she's feeling better soon..poor little babe! Always hurts my heart when they're not feeling good.. :(

    ReplyDelete