Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer vacation is over

Goodness, I cannot believe that school starts tomorrow.
It seems like just yesterday the kids were singing
Schoooools out for summer! Schooools out for ever!

Wow, how has an entire summer vacations passed!?!

We have had a pretty marvelous time if I do say so myself.

We went to the zoo with friends
 
 We went on walks together

We celebrated the Fourth of July with family and all smiled for a picture

Some of us went to a baseball game with family

We played in the water
 We played board games

We went out for frozen yogurt

I drank copious quantities of coffee to keep up with the kids

We played beauty salon and painted rainbow toes

We played some indoor putt putt

We visited the botanical gardens

We went swimming at the pool with friends

Wow, we had a really busy summer and this isn't even all of the pictures!

I have loved this summer.
It's been nice to watch my kids interact.

I think it is time for school again though.
Time for schedules and homework.
Making lunches and school parties.

This year will be another great year.
Adison will turn 9 and is starting the 3rd grade.
Ainsley will turn 4 and is starting preschool.
Abby will be turning 2 and still has a few more years at home with me, yippee!

How was your summer?

4 comments:

  1. My summer was great :-) Didn't do much, but it was fun having my niece and nephew here visiting from PA last week. Their school starts in 2 weeks.
    I've enjoyed reading about your summertime adventures :-) And I agree - Summer FLEW by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fabulous summer! Your schools start early! It is a MI law that schools can't start until after Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your title made me sad but I'm so glad you included pictures of how much you enjoyed your summer, even though it's over. Hope the girls are liking their classes and that you're enjoying being home with only one little for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your girls are little dolls, just so cute! I am going to keep having babies till we get a little doll someday :) it's so sad summer is coming to and end, but all good things do :) here's to a great school year!

    ReplyDelete