Monday, May 23, 2011

A soul satisfying day



I have been feeling a bit out of sorts lately.
Like I have little to no margin in life.
The feeling where life just keeps coming at you but you NEED to take a break.
I had been feeling that way.
There is nothing wrong.
Just a feeling of being overwhelmed.

K had realized this feeling welling up inside of me.
He has been extra helpful lately.
I even got out for a bit yesterday by myself and had coffee with my Dad.
It was so nice to have that time with him.
To sit, to talk, to laugh or to be silent.
The rest of the evening went swimmingly well.
K even made dinner last night, he grilled, it was delish.

Today was wonderful.
I met up with two of my dearest friends at the park.
The kids laughed and played while the mamas laughed and talked.
We did that practically all morning.
Then the littles and I met up with K to run an errand and have some lunch.
Afterwards we came home so Abby could take a nap.
Lee and I rested and napped a bit too.
Adison is almost done with school and had a field trip today.

Today was wonderful, cathartic and just what my soul needed.
A day of laughter and ease.
A refill when I was feeling like I was running on fumes.


2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had the kind of day you so needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those recharge days! They are SO SO SO needed sometimes!!! Glad your day was a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete