Sunday, May 22, 2011

Awful weather and some needed prayers

Yesterday I wrote about the storm that came through our town. It was such a scary moment that really brought home the fears of living here in the Midwest. But, We are safe, a tornado didn't touch down.
 I heard last night that a tornado ripped through a town here in Kansas. One person was killed and 20 homes were destroyed.
This evening I just heard about a storm that ripped through the town of Joplin, MO. The town was hit very hard. The hospital itself took a direct hit.
I feel so awful for everyone affected by these storms.
I know from our sermon from yesterday that we are called to not be fearful. However, this is a scary time. There is serious hurt and need going on.
Will you please join me in praying for all of those affected by this?

3 comments:

  1. Have been looking through articles covering the damage -- will certainly keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the storms and it's just crazy how they have been non-stop this year. Definitely keeping everyone in my prayers. Love the dandelion pics too, super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest brother is stationed in Missouri Thank Heavens he is about 2 hours from yesterday's devastation but I did not know that until late this morning.Praying for all who have been touched by this frightening weather! Stay safe Danna!

    ReplyDelete