Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reconsidering my germaphobe-ness

As I mentioned yesterday, I am sick again.
Seriously, AGAIN!!!

If it weren't for the fever or swollen lymph nodes I would be feeling a lot better.
Well, the fever did break this morning, then I got the genius idea to take a shower.
To be honest, it had been far to many days and since I shudder to think of actually how many, we will just go with saying that it was long overdue.
After that the fever decided to come back and it is still hanging around.
Oh well, things could be worse.

There really isn't much going on right now.
My poor kids are probably sooooo bored, but when I get better hopefully we can start having some fun again.

All of this sickness though really has me reconsidering my germaphobe-ness.
I mean, if I am *trying* so hard to prevent the sick bugs yet we still keep getting sick, they WHY am I stressing over it?
Not that I will by any means welcome sickness into my home with loving arms, but maybe there is a lesson to be learned here.
Maybe, just maybe, with all of my paranoia and stress over the kids {as well as K and I} that it really isn't helping.
Don't get me wrong, I will probably continue to obsessively wipe down the shopping carts and restaurant high chairs, but stressing over it just doesn't make any sense.

Who am I kidding?
My kids are 8, 3 and 1, they are probably picking up more sick bugs than I could EVER imagine.
Sigh.
I think that I should just not really worry about it.
Sounds good, now if you could just tell my inner germaphobe to head on out that would be great!

6 comments:

  1. Hahha - I'm so not a germaphobe. I grew up in a house where we were rarely sick, and my mother (a nurse) always told us that 'you have to eat a peck of dirt before you die' - and that while you don't go out of your way to be dirty and whatever..that having germs around, actually builds up your immunities towards other germs and bacteria...and while you don't need to shove them down your throat..most of them aren't much to be THAT worried about.

    So when my cousin is freaking out about someone touching The Babe, or that he's touching something and then putting his fingers in his mouth..I'm like..it's gonna happen, it's already happened..it's life. He's building up immunities and won't be sick later when he's exposed to these things in larger doses.

    That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. Has worked for me so far :P Goodluck! Those things are hard to let go of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @daydreaming fool- I agree 100%!!!! ha ha, my kiddos are usually the ones digging in the dirt and putting things in their mouths. I usually freak out more about the sick bugs that other people carry around. It's a ridiculous concern really, I can no better control if they get sick as I can control the weather. I guess that I am just tired of stressing myself out about the what-it's. It doesn't help a thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a germaphobe but I've gotten SO much better after I had my second baby. It's just almost impossible to keep up with it. I still wipe down shopping baskets and highchairs but I'm a lot better than I used to be. I'm a new follower and would love it ifyou came over to my blog www.candysfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I became more of a germa phobe after I started working at my current job. Mind you working where I do, yeah, you need to be. For the most part though, no point. You should see what my kids put in their mouths. ewww!

    Hope you feel better soon. Huggies to you and your cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, oh my gosh I'm such a huge germaphobe it's ridiculous! You can always look at it this way: all these colds are strengthening your immune system :)

    ReplyDelete