Saturday, October 15, 2011

National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day

Today is a day I hold near and dear to my heart.
Today we remember the lives lost.
The lives that sometimes we are the only ones to remember.

Their time cut short through miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS or infant death.
Their lives matter, to us that are still here.

In our case, my husband and I lost 6 babies.
6 hopes and dreams for the future.
6 children that we loved and cared for.
Their death hurts, a hurt that doesn't go away.
A hurt that you learn to live with, to carry with you.
It's a hurt that shapes you into being the person you are today.
The scar that, while healed, never goes away.
Today, please join with me in lighting a candle at 7pm in your timezone.
Remember those lives.
My friend, Jennifer, wrote a beautiful post on her blog.
Please take the time to read it.
Also, Kirsten {Ewan's Mama} over at Team Ewan put together a beautiful tribute.
Please check it out.

say their names

3 comments:

  1. Oh, danna! Today, I cry for you, for me...for all of my friends that have lost babies. I love those ultrasound photos---I cherish my ultrasound photos, because they're such a tangible reminders of the life.

    So glad we met. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :'( Beautiful and touching. You are in my prayers. I'm so grateful that the Lord saw fit to make our kids play at the park so we would become friends! {{{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too clung to my ultra sound picture and lit a candle last evening. I thought of your babies and my baby and so many other babies then I thought of your girls here, alive and well making you smile and giving us all good blog laughs every day. I know the losses hurt but I am so thankful that you have your cupcakes here with you! As for me I have a fury, four legged hurricane to snuggle :)

    ReplyDelete