Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I will focus on the positive today

I am not sure if every one's kids do this.
The day after my kids are getting over a sickness of some sort, they get difficult.
Like excessively whiny, clingy, temper tantrum-y, sassy.
You get the picture.

Anyways, I will focus on the positive.

Adison: was having a hard time with math.
Today during homework time, she had a light bulb moment.
She was so excited, leaned over and gave me a big hug.
She then quietly whispered "Thank you Mommy!" to me.
My heart melted.
Plus, she has been having awesome behavior at school, getting all $5 most days.

Ainsley: has been saying super cute things like: awesome, totally, really.
I have also caught her singing songs lately that we listen to in the car.
Journey, Taylor Swift, songs from Glee.
Darling!
She also seems to be really smitten with Abby lately.
Again, melt my heart!

Abby: She really could be the best thing since sliced bread.
She is just the cutest, sweetest, most darling baby in the Universe.
Yes I am biased, but just make it easy and agree...okay?
Thanks!
Last week I had been really concerned about her hearing.
I can't remember if I blogged about this before or not.
I will tell you in a nut shell.
When Abby was done they tested her hearing.
She failed on the left ear.
Over the next several weeks she failed the test 3 more times, each time it got progressively worse.
We were referred on to Children's Mercy.
It was several weeks until we could get in, but K and I had prayed about it and felt really okay about whatever would happen.
Fast forward to the appt and by the grace of God she passed, 100%.
It can only be described as miraculous, our dr had been discussing hearing aids with us!
The said that they will have to watch her for hearing loss still as the test only made sure that her brain was reading the sound that they put in her ears.

Fast forward to last week and I was paranoid that she wasn't talking.
Occasionally a few babbles, but not much otherwise.
Last night while K and I were playing with her she repeated, "Uh oh," something that sounded like tickle tickle and the cute little guttural grunting of thank you.
It was an answer to prayers.

Well folks, that is all I have for you on this BEAUTIFUL fall day.

SSSSSeeee yyyyyaaaa!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment