Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I am really out of shape!

Almost every weekday morning I go walking with my friends Jennifer and Clara.
We normally walk a little over 4 miles.
It is a blast!
Plus, the kids get to play and really have a lot of fun together.
It is also quite the educational experience for the kids.
We have seen deer, a 7-legged spider, a snail crossing, birds and squirrels.
The kids hop out of the strollers and get to walk and/or play at the playground.
There is also a creek where the kids throw "brains"off the bridge and watch them float downstream.

Sorry, I got a little off track!
Anyways...
Earlier this week, we decided that we are going to do a 5k.
Tonight Clara and I started our jogging training.
We are doing this in addition to our morning walks.
We ended up doing a total of 2 miles.
It worked out to walking 1 mile and jogging 1.

Clara did amazing!
Me, well, I didn't exactly jog the full mile.
I came close, but didn't quite make it.

I have to say that I am really proud of us!
We stuck to it and are really motivated.
I will keep you posted on how all of this goes.

Here's to completing a 5k!

One training jog down and many more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment