Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I see the moon


Last night after dinner I happened to look out the window and saw a gorgeous full moon. I've always been in awe of the moon and stars. As as a child my dad, at times, would awaken me in the middle of the night to watch a meteor shower. There was a park behind our house and I remember laying on the walking path watching the stars paint a beautiful picture across the night's sky.

Last night, the moon was beautiful. I picked up Abby, held her close and pointed at the glowing sphere.

Oooh, Abby said, pretty moon!

I sang I See the Moon to her and during the verse, "and God bless the one I'm longing to see," Abby said, I love Jesus. I want to see Him!

In our house that means that the kids want to see the crucifix that my grandfather gave K and I for our wedding.
I got Jesus off of the wall and held Him so that Abby could look at Him.

Ouch, owies on His hand.

Yes, baby, Jesus has an owie on His hand.

I want to kiss it.

Oh, owie on dis {this} hand too?

Yes, He has an owie on that hand too.

I want to hug Him.

Owies on His foot?

I yuv {love} Jesus!

I love Jesus, too, baby.

I hope and pray that she always has that love for Jesus.
That she always has compassion for other peoples hurts, whether they are physical, mental or emotional.
Last night was one of those memories, those special ones that I blog for.
The ones that I want to be able to remember with perfect picture clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment