Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A blast from the past

There are times {many times} that I will be watching some cartoon with the kids and think to myself  

We had MUCH better television when I was a kid!
Saturday morning was something that I looked forward to, my dad, brother and I would all get up early to check out some Pee Wee's Playhouse.
After school, of course when homework was done, my brother and I would plop ourselves on the couch for some afternoon TV time, you know, before Wheel of Fortune came on or the nightly news was watched.
I can still hear Wheel! Of! Fortunnnnnnne!
{My mom ALWAYS got the puzzles right, she was/is a genius at them.}
I thought it would be fun to take a peek into some of those shows and see if any of you watched them as well:















Did you guys watch any of these?
If so, what was your favorite?
Any others that I missed?

7 comments:

  1. I watched all of those with the exception of the Muppet Show.
    I loved Pee Wee too! Along with 'The Littles','Kid Video' and 'CBS Storybreak' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched The Littles too! I loved that show!

      Delete
  2. I watched the Muppet Show. In fact, recently I watched a few episodes of it because I only remember that i loved it. I don't remember much else about it except for the hecklers and the opening theme song.

    I watched the Gummi Bears. LOVED them. The main one I remember is the Smurfs.
    I also watched Pee Wee, the Muppet Babies, and the Berenstein Bears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Gummi Bears as well! Adison and I last night watched some old episodes, it was awesome. I also watched the Smurfs, it's such a classic!

      Delete
  3. I watched these too! Well, most of them. We also watched He-Man and Inspector Gadget. They always bring back memories of my grandparents house...we didn't watch much TV at home. I love that some of these shows are on netflix so my kids can watch them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Inspector Gadget was one of my favs! I watched He-Man too, "By the power of Gray Skull!" I love watching them with my kiddos too :)

      Delete
  4. YES!! Jem was one of my favorites. Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, and Care Bears too. OH and Fraggle Rock, I totally think they should bring Fraggle Rock back!

    ReplyDelete