Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday at...

CHURCH!!!
Yes, we went to church today rather than last night. Yesterday folks was a bit crazy. We ran errands and the hubs took us girls out for some brunch. The brunch was wonderful and the kids were really well behaved. Things even went well at the grocery store. But then we came home and it was rough. I was close to tears rough. Hey, it happens, we all know that.

So, finally the little girls fell asleep. K and I looked at the clock and realized that we would have to get the kids up for church in less than an hour. We just kind of looked at each other and shook our heads. Then, to continue on with the difficult day they woke up shortly after we were supposed to leave and it was still just not going well. That was when we decided to go this morning. Oh and hubs was being extra sweet so I found myself in bed watching some HGTV by 7:00. Bliss I tell you.

This morning was really nice. Well, except for the part where I stepped in cat poop and didn't realize it. I then spread it over the car and the car stunk! K started coughing and I was afraid that he was going to puke. So we get into church, drop the kiddos off at their respective places and head upstairs with the Abb-ster. I then looked down at my shoe and realized I still had cat poop on it. Nice. So I headed off to scrape it off of my shoe in the church bathroom, classy! The service was amazing, it was about the different ways that God reveals Himself to us. Wow!

After church we ran over to the grocery store. It was all going pretty smoothly no big issues. Then at the check out lane Ainsley saw that someone had left a couple of grapes on the conveyor belt and she went a bit bananas over them insisting that she had to eat them. K and I explained to her how gross that was and she *seemed* to be over it. So when she asked to get out of the cart I didn't think too much of it. K and I were having some deep conversation about chap stick, when we look down at Ainsley and realize that she found another grape on the FLOOR AND ATE IT!!!! I promptly made her spit it out because I was so grossed out. I tried to catch the grape but it fell on the floor and she squished it with her shoe. Yuck. That is all I can say, yuck. Sorry to whoever had to clean that up!

After that we headed out to have some yummy lunch with my Dad and Step-Mom. It was so much fun. Our family is big into movie lines. We like to pick some pretty obscure ones and have others guess. We did that for a while and then started talking about some all time movie favorites. We agreed that Steel Magnolias and Ghost Busters were two of the best ever. Then off course got on a Steel Magnolias movie quote kick. That movie is seriously up there in my top three. I cry two times every time I watch it. I need to watch it, maybe tonight...

We just got finished doing some chores, oh so glamorous. Adison is working on her Valentine's cards for her classmates. K is playing some video game. Abby is sleeping and Ainsley is battling it. I am off to work on my L3 journal for small group tonight after I finish "talking" with you fine folks.

Ohhh, I forgot that I have "exciting" news! K is working on a button for my blog! Yippee!

Ok, that is it.
What are some of your favorite movies?
Happy Sunday y'all!

8 comments:

  1. Steel Magnolias is right up there. Others are Cast Away, A Beautiful Mind, Dawn Anna, The Wedding Planner (even though I don't like Jennifer what's her name or Matthew McConaughey), Rocky IV, 27 Dresses, Fools Rush In, Christmas Vacation, Comfort and Joy (Nancy McKeon, and so many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shop Around the Corner is my all time favorite, but a close second is Die Hard. Is there hope for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man..that's crazy about the grape! I'm not a HUGE germaphobe..but that would gross me out big time...oh kids!

    I'm basically the worst person in the WORLD for having seen movies..I would never be good at a game like that..haah! Although I did buy ghostbusters last year..and almost watched it today! So good!

    Real life rarely seems glamorous..but at least it's real! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Danna, what a day!...but it seemed to turn out so nice!...I have soooo many movies I love, but one of my all time fav. is Marie Antoinette (love all the clothes, the props, it is just so beautiful to look at)...I am a BIG oldies movie fan...all romantic stuff like Sabrina, Roman Holiday, Some Like it Hot, How to Marry a Millionaire, Please Don't Eat The Daisies....and so on!....watching these makes me feel so happy and peppy! ^_^

    P.S.... How do you make a blog button?? *_^
    Meli
    http://domestiquette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your blog button. I hope that it comes out great! Thanks for visiting me. I am following you back.

    -Dp
    Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Danna, what a day!...but it seemed to turn out so nice!...I have soooo many movies I love, but one of my all time fav. is Marie Antoinette (love all the clothes, the props, it is just so beautiful to look at)...I am a BIG oldies movie fan...all romantic stuff like Sabrina, Roman Holiday, Some Like it Hot, How to Marry a Millionaire, Please Don't Eat The Daisies....and so on!....watching these makes me feel so happy and peppy! ^_^

    P.S.... How do you make a blog button?? *_^
    Meli
    http://domestiquette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Shop Around the Corner is my all time favorite, but a close second is Die Hard. Is there hope for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steel Magnolias is right up there. Others are Cast Away, A Beautiful Mind, Dawn Anna, The Wedding Planner (even though I don't like Jennifer what's her name or Matthew McConaughey), Rocky IV, 27 Dresses, Fools Rush In, Christmas Vacation, Comfort and Joy (Nancy McKeon, and so many more.

    ReplyDelete