Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I survived

Playing through my mind while picking out the title was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I

Last night when K got home he informed me that our Thanksgiving plans had changed.
His mom and dad had come down with some sort of flu bug.
Needless to say, Thanksgiving food still needed to be purchased.
I naively thought that I would take the kids and go get everything that we needed, piece.of.cake.
WRONG WRONG WRONG
The day before Thanksgiving shopping.
It was CHAOS!!!
The kids, they did great.
I did not even think about how many people would be out today.

I don't know if I have ever seen that many people in Walmart in my entire life.
After I had told the kids that was the last store we had to go to, I was wrong.
We had another store to visit.
I may or may not have bought them some Snickerdoodle cookies to make up for the misinformation.
Needless to say, after getting the kiddos down for a nap, I slept for over an hour!

We are now ready to cook some yummy Thanksgiving food.
Woo hoo!

Happy Turkey Day everyone!
What are your Thanksgiving plans?
Making anything super yummy and care to share a recipe?

2 comments:

  1. Oh bless you for braving that crowd! I bought all my stuff a week and a half early just to avoid the stores when they are so busy. With four kids it's hard when the stores are empty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless you for braving that crowd! I bought all my stuff a week and a half early just to avoid the stores when they are so busy. With four kids it's hard when the stores are empty!

    ReplyDelete