Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Christmas Spirit

I am embarrassed to admit it, but this year I am having a REALLY hard time getting into it all.
I cannot wait to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.
But...the rest of it, not so much.
This is quite the shocking disclosure folks.
Brace yourselves...
MY TREE IS NOT UP YET!!!
This is quite shocking, truly it is.
What makes it worse is that I HAVE had the opportunity to put it up and I have CHOSEN not to.
Say what????
I am normally Mrs. Christmas, not that I am trying to take the title away from Mrs. Claus, but seriously people, we may be facing a national crisis.
I even listened to Josh Groban's Noel and it didn't work.
This is what made me realize that I have a problem.
JB always gets me ready for some fa la la la la.

So, I am calling on you my friends.
Please help me!

What is your favorite Christmas song?
You know, your very favorite one.
The one that instantly gets you in the Christmas spirit.
Please share and help me kick this funk!

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving the 12 days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I can't help ya, but I can relate! Christmas is actually my least favorite holiday to decorate for, maybe because it's so over done. There is usually travel involved as well so it's a lot of work and not much time to enjoy it. Like I said... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh Come, oh Come, Immanuel" is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It's almost eerie in its beauty. I once heard a young girl sing it at my church, and it was phenomenal.

    My tree isn't up either, by the way. Maybe tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love "Mary Did You Know" a lot of different artists have done it. I also love "Angels we Have Heard on High", "I'll Be Home For Christmas" and "Hark the Herald Angels Sing". John said his favorite is "Celebrate Me Home". Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Oh Come, oh Come, Immanuel" is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It's almost eerie in its beauty. I once heard a young girl sing it at my church, and it was phenomenal.

    My tree isn't up either, by the way. Maybe tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol I can't help ya, but I can relate! Christmas is actually my least favorite holiday to decorate for, maybe because it's so over done. There is usually travel involved as well so it's a lot of work and not much time to enjoy it. Like I said... :)

    ReplyDelete