Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering

We are all doing much better today. K is doing his breathing treatments and the kiddos seem to be only be coughing now (with asthmatics, this could last quite a while). I am hoping that we will all be doing even better by tomorrow.

This morning we watched the news memorials for 9/11. It amazes me how many memories come flooding back. The tears came as they do every time we watch anything from that fateful day.

We also let the kids watch it and we explained what happened. Adison had learned about it in school last year, I think it was different for her to actually watch the footage.

K and I were talking about all the things that we remembered from that morning 9 years ago. Our alarm clock was going off and the DJ was talking about a plane hitting the WTC. K and I briefly talked about it, he got up and I continued to snooze. Moments later K yells for me to get up and come watch the news.  I remember watching the TV and seeing the second plane hit the tower. The shock, disbelief and utter sadness that I felt. It was as if someone had turned the world upside down. Nothing made sense any longer.

K and I stayed home from class that day and continued to watch the news coverage. The tears didn't seem to stop rolling that day. I remember being so proud to be an American, seeing everyone bond together. Fear that things would never be the same again and anger. I couldn't believe that something like this could happen.

The rest of the day was pretty laid back, we didn't do much. We watched a movie, napped, kids played and I ran to the store.

I am now going to work on my L3 journal and hang out before the kiddos go to bed.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment