Monday, December 19, 2011

A surprise date

Friday was K's and my anniversary.
11 years!
I was planning on a quiet evening at home but K and my dad apparently had different plans.

My dad showed up at our house to "drop off a little gift for your anniversary" and instead announced that we was babysitting the girls.
He gave up a wonderful gift card to dinner and movies, woo hoo!

I could not have been more excited! 
A night out with my husband.
The two of us.



This was my delicious dinner.
Pasta with basil, artichokes and a TON of black olives.
I am sure that people looked at me weird for taking a picture of my food, ha!
K was being super goofy at dinner.
It was so nice to be out, to talk and laugh together.
I had such a wonderful time.

After that we had some time before the movie started, so we decided to head over to Barnes & Noble for a bit.
It was nice to look around a bit and we even saw a friend of mine that I haven't seen in ages.

 Next it was off to the theater.
Look at this candy machine!
I have never seen anything like this, so I had to snap a picture, again, I am sure I was getting weird looks for it.







My oh-so-yummy candy snack, it was yummy but there was just too much, I brought the rest home.

Waiting for the movie.
We decided to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie and let me tell you, it did not dissapoint.
We both LOVED it!



Thank you so much Dad & K for planning such a fun evening!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! That is the best anniversary gift for a couple with littles! Keeping that idea tucked away when my friends have kids. :) Glad you had a good night out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Mr. Danna and Daddy Danna! Glad you had a fab time Danna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Happy Anniversary! That seriously sounds like the perfect date, glad it was surprised too, that's the best!

    ReplyDelete