Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Someday will you promise to have a big, white beard

Ainsley 2009

This was an actual conversation that K and I had on the phone today while I was waiting for my prescription to be filled.

Hey, there's a guy driving that looks like Santa.

Oh.


Someday will you promise to have a big, white beard?


Okay, why?


Don't you remember me telling you that story from like two years ago, the one where I was at Walmart with the girls and there was a man there that looked just like Santa? The girls were in awe of him and one of them said really loudly that Santa was shopping at the store and then he gave them candy canes?


Oh yeah, I remember that.


It's one of my favorite memories so I think you should have a big, white beard when you are old.


Yes, my brain is that scattered.
But seriously, it was so sweet.
I think the man must have gotten the Santa comment a lot because he readily had candy canes on hand.
He looked EXACTLY how I imagine Santa would look.


It was such a neat memory of the magic of Christmas and a reminder that there are wonderful, fun people in the world.


What is one of your favorite Christmas memories?
Please share, I am in the Christmas spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment