Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Virtual Coffee

Virtual coffee, how I've missed thee.
Amy at Lucky Number 13 is taking a bit of a break {I hear ya!} and sweet Claire over at Decide What You Want offered to host this week and I couldn't be more excited.
I've had all of these little snippets of things running through my head and I can't wait to talk about things.

 I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed and rundown lately.
I'm just going to put it out there and be honest.
Between Adison being in school, having two littles, all the evening activities and the 10 million balls I feel like I am juggling, oh and a house to maintain as well as a relationship with my husband to nurture, I am feeling stretched.
To the max.
I'm trying to prioritize and put things in perspective.
The school year is almost over as are most of our evening activities.
I've been trying to work extra hard on spending time with the kids individually as I feel like they need it and so do I.

I'm really looking forward to the 5K that is quickly approaching.
I haven't been working out nearly as often as I need to/would like to.
I'm trying though, hopefully soon.

Talking about running, Adison had her school carnival/run last night.
It was a blast!
She came in 3rd or 4th out of all the girls that ran!
I have pictures to share {probably tomorrow} that K took, I don't think I took a single one.
That's probably because poor Abby was slightly overwhelmed.
All the people, noise, people, activity and people got to her.
The plus for me though was that I got some extra cuddle time in.
I'll take it!

Abby has been running around the house acting like a pirate lately.
Complete with a well placed "Aargh!" and hook like arm.
This evening she even pulled down her right eye, hunched over and growled "aargh!" at me.
It was priceless!

Ainsley has been giving me a run for my money lately.
Sigh.
I don't know what's going on but homegirl is a handful, as usual.
She still has her same sweetness that can conquer anything.

This morning we got hit by a strong thunderstorm.
Right before it hit it was barely raining and the sun was still shining.
Adison said I bet there will be a rainbow somewhere today.
Whatdaya know, right after I dropped her off I saw a double rainbow.
It made me think of my girl, God's promise and I couldn't help but smile.

Goodness gracious, I feel like I probably talked your ear off!
What's new in your world?
What's going on that we could chat about?
 

1 comment:

  1. ahh! rainbows... so special!
    bless you for sharing coffee with me... it's an intimate gathering this week, but a few of the usual suspects hope to join in next week :)
    wishing you moments of peace... of reflection... and opportunities to spend quality one-to-one time with each child and your hubbie this coming week xxx

    ReplyDelete