Sunday, May 6, 2012

No title feels suffient enough

I had planned that today I would share our 
experience at the Farmer's Market yesterday.
Specifically about an amazing young man named Spenser and his wonderful parents.

But then, well, then, I heard some devastating news.

Growing up, we had a dear friend of our family, we called him Uncle Bunny.
Uncle Bunny was always there, even if we didn't live nearby he was there in spirit.
I remember being a kid and him seeming larger than life, just a fantastic man.

This morning, I heard that his 16 year old daughter died yesterday afternoon.

Nothing, nothing in the experience of being a parent prepares you for something like this.
That isn't the way that life is supposed to be.
It seems to go against the very laws of nature that children should pass before their parents.
Yet, we see it and hear about it all the time.
It just seems so very wrong.

It hits home when you think of it being one of your own precious children.
How can life go on without them?
How does the earth continue to turn, the sun shine and the birds sing?

Sixteen seems and is way too young for a life to be cut short.
I cannot fathom what Uncle Bunny and his wife, Elizabeth, are going through.
Cannot imagine the pain.

Uncle Bunny and Elizabeth,
My words seem so shallow, so...not enough.
My heart is broken for you, for the loss of your daughter.
Your precious child, your joy and heart.
Please know, that even though we are separated by hundreds of miles, that my heart is with you.
It's crying with yours.
I am so very very very sorry.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, Danna. I pray that God will give them the grace they need.
    I agree - it just seems that there are no words. I felt this way, too, when my husband's friend's 22 year old son died in October. What do you say? Everything you think of seems so shallow. But, I'm sure they appreciate the outpouring of love no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danna - my prayers are with you and your family. I know all to well the pain and shock of losing one so young. We lost my 12 year old niece last fall... words cannot express how heavy my heart is for you and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so so so very sorry...

    My heart goes out to them, and out to you.

    Sending you so much love..

    Lots of hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this horrible news Danna! My prayers go out to this family! We've have several teen deaths in my area recently and it's just breaking my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this! We are praying for their family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Danna! I'm so sorry. Their family, as well as yours, is in my prayers tonight. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete