Friday, May 4, 2012

Renting textbooks and making smiles


I graduated from college...forever and a day ago.
I have so many fond memories of that time of my life.
One that I look back on now, in humor, is how poor we were.
K and I married while in college and I remember the days of endless Ramen.
Of pasta with a touch of cheese on it, of opening the fridge and finding it pretty bare.
I remember paying, what felt like, an arm and a leg for books.
Only then to resell them after the semester was over for what felt like a fraction of what they cost.
The hope of getting back a decent amount and the reality of getting back pennies on the dollar.
Sigh.

So, when CampusBookRentals contacted me about their company I was floored.
What a great idea!
You can rent your textbooks, saving 40 - 90% of what you would spend at a bookstore.
You can even highlight in the books, which was something I did a lot of.
What I also like is that you can purchase your books.
They even have free shipping BOTH WAYS!

I have considered going back to school before and I can tell you that if I ever do make that choice that I will be renting them from CampusBookRentals.
It just makes sense.

What made their company stand out to me was that a portion of textbook rental fee goes towards Operation Smile.
Seeing the smiles on these kiddos faces is amazing.
Click on this link, look at the faces, read the stories.
Amazing.
CampusBookRentals has committed to donating enough money to cover the cost of at least 1,000 surgeries.
That is at least 1,000 children that can have a brighter future.

Helping children AND saving money on textbooks, easy choice. 

I was compensated for this post, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

1 comment: