Thursday, December 23, 2010

Another list...sorry!

1. Well, it is almost Christmas. The excitement buzzing around our house is almost palpable. I love it! Today we had to go run a couple of errand and the stores weren't too bad. Don't get me wrong, it was busy and there was a lot of traffic, but this year people are actually nice. What a breath of fresh air!

2. There is a little girl named Getty that has a disease called SMA1. According to their website:

Spinal muscular atrophy is an inherited disease that causes progressive muscle degeneration and weakness. Infants like Getty with SMA Type 1 are born with very little muscle tone, weak muscles, and develop feeding and breathing problems over time. Weakness gets worse over time and will eventually become severe. There is no cure or treatment for the progressive weakness. The lifespan with SMA1 is seldom longer than 2 – 3 years.

Getty is the cutest, sweetest little girl with the most AMAZING parents. They are asking everyone to spread the word about SMA. It is an awful disease and it needs more research being done so that no one else should have to suffer with it. Check out their blog, I am sure that you will be just as enchanted by this little girl's smile and I am. (Here button is on the right side of this page -------->)

3. Adison informed me a little while ago that she told her teachers and classmate about me burning my butt when I was a child. Yes, I burned my butt. We were visiting family and I was getting ready for bed. I was about 3 and was running around naked when my great uncle bent over and squished me in between me and the heater grate. I had horizontal burn marks on my bum for quite a while. Yes, I am so very grateful that that story was shared :)

4. Tomorrow the girls and I are doing our Christmas baking because Santa just has to have those freshly baked cookies.

5. Abby has been eating like a maniac! At my Dad's the other night she ate 4 servings of dinner, she ate more than I did. At lunch she at as much as Ainsley and last night she ate two entire bean burritos by herself. This girl is finally putting on weight. Woo hoo!

6. There is a little baby boy named Samuel that is needing some prayers. Please please please lift him up in prayers!

7. That's all for now folks. I am off to watch a movie with Adison!

No comments:

Post a Comment