Friday, December 17, 2010

Adison's school Christmas Party

Adison had her school Christmas party today.
I deserve the "Mother of the Year" award for forgetting my camera...again!
I am so annoyed with myself.
I just cannot remember to bring it.

Oh well.
Adison was really excited to see me there.
I hadn't told her that I was coming because my brother was coming over to watch the little ones for me and when little kids are involved, well you know, things don't always work out as planned.
Therefore, I didn't even mention coming.
I just didn't want to her to upset if I couldn't go for some reason.

When I got there it took her a while to notice that I had made it.
Then her face broke into this adorable grin and she squealed out, "MOMMY!"
It was wonderful.
I got to help the kiddos with "Santa Limbo."
They had the kiddos get in two lines, had them put on a Santa hat and a pillow under their shirts.
While cheery Christmas music played the kids limbo-ed under a strand of Christmas lights.
The kids LOVED it!

After that they made a darling snowman using marshmallows, a skewer, licorice, pretzels, Red Hots, an Oreo and mini-chocolate chips.
They turned out DARLING!
I will get a pic when she brings it home...if it makes it home.

Next they made a cute little foam picture frame.
The kids either got to make a reindeer or a snowman.
Adison picked the reindeer, it had more glittery pieces.
That's my girl!

Finally they got some food!
There were darling little chocolate covered pretzels, cupcakes, cookies, grapes, apple slices and a lot more!
They did such a good job of standing in line patiently, I was really impressed.

The party was a success!
Adison stayed at school to finish up her day.
I mean who would want to miss recess?
Certainly not my girl.


2 comments:

  1. It's so neat when their face lights up when they see you! I'm so glad you got to be there. It sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so neat when their face lights up when they see you! I'm so glad you got to be there. It sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete