Friday, May 3, 2013

Happiness Week, Day: 4


It's Friday!
This week has been so odd, my days have been off all week and I haven't really been sure what day it is.
Today though, I feel pretty confident that it's Friday.

This morning I was awakened to a screaming and bloody Abby.
Adison had accidentally head butted her in the nose and there was blood everywhere.
Poor Adison, she felt so bad and Abby, well, she was screaming her head off.
What a way to wake up!

1. Sunshine. 
After a lot of snow and rain {It's May!} I was pleasantly surprised to see the sun shining and blue skies this morning.
It's not going to stay but it was a nice way to start the morning.
We need the precipitation, living in Kansas we are surrounded my crops that need rain.

2. Spiders.
I found a spider in our hallway this morning so I'm going to try to turn this into a positive somehow.
...
...
...
Um, spiders take care of mosquitoes and those things drive me batty.
So yay for spiders, I am more than happy to see you outside but do not, I repeat DO NOT come in my house because then you are fair game.

3. My children.
They drive me batty, they drive me crazy but they are mine and I love them.
Through it all, the fun, the hard, the crazy, the serene, they are mine and I wouldn't trade any of them for anything in the world.
I love when they interact well with one another.
This morning they decided to make a clubhouse using the dining room table I bought the other day {I'll tell you that story another day}.
They draped blankets over it and proclaimed it "Ainsley's Club" since she's the one that decided to make the club.
They came up with a song for it and were happy.

::something that's been on my heart lately.
What is on this tiny sliver of the internets of mine is just a snapshot a portion of our lives.
I don't share everything nor will I ever.
I just want to put that out there in case anyone ever got the impression that things are lovely here all the time because they're not.
We are living real lives with real joys and frustrations, with tears and smiles.
The end::

What are your plans for this weekend?

We've got a soccer game, church and a worship service called, Overflow, on Sunday evening.
It should be a pretty low-key weekend, yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment