Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A new family photo



On Saturday, we decided to take the girls to fly some kites.
{Pictures/post coming soon}
Before we did that though K had the great idea to take a new family photo.
The last one that we had taken was from last year.
LAST YEAR.
Adison was 8, Ainsley was 3 and Abby was 1.
It was time for a new one.

He decided on this lovely location at a local park, which is perfect because we frequently take the kiddos there.
We took several takes because Miss Abby kept looking off into the distance.
K would tell her to look at the flashing light *snap* distance.
I would tell her the same thing *snap* distance.
Her sisters would encourage her to look at the blinking light *snap* distance.
Ha ha, it makes me laugh.
She's smiling and that is all that matters.

Okay, so I'm going to fast-forward through some things.
Abby ended up not taking a nap because we were out having fun.
Then, I needed to be a church to work in the nursery so we headed there immediatley after the kite flying.
Saturday night church = later than normal bedtime.
No biggie, weekend + summer = late bedtimes anyways.

K and I fully expected the girls to sleep in a bit, because hello, summer + weekend, but no.
They were up at their regular time.
*yawn*
Abby eventually climbed into our bed, we cuddled a bit and then without warning she fell asleep.


*collective awwww*

{Yes, she still has a pacifier, it's either that or her fingers/thumb, oh well.}
K and I talked about the fact that she didn't have a pull-up on but she has been staying dry during nap time so *hopefully* she wouldn't pee in our bed.
K so sweetly mentioned At least she is sleeping on your side of the bed.
Ha.
Fast forward an hour and a half, I'm enjoying my little cuddle bug {who, shhh, don't tell her, but she snores occasionally}when I feel warmth on my arm and side.
Oh my goodness, she's peeing on me!
Abby, wake up, you're peeing honey!
She wakes up with a sheepish little grin on her face, I not peeing anymore.
We all got a big kick out it, especially K as she was on my side of the bed :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the family photo! We got ours in the mail today. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete