Friday, February 22, 2013

Coconut oil




I've heard so much about coconut oil lately, how it's such a healthy fat and is overall good for you.
While at Trader Joe's last weekend I saw some and on a whim grabbed a jar of it.
{Sidenote: I don't really enjoy spending money so spending $$ on something that I don't know much about and buying it on a whim is kind of unheard of for me.}

So, coconut oil.

Today, after looking at this darn jar for almost a week and thinking about Googling what all the hoopla is about I decided to snap a pic on Instagram and share it on fb asking of help.

Bought it, now what do I do with it? #help

Help my fb lovelies did.
Man oh man, when in doubt ask friends!

After hearing friends praise this miraculous oil I'm beyond excited.

I finally opened the jar and oh my word, the smell.
If you love coconut you will love this.

For me, the most exciting aspect of the oil is for skin.
Poor Ainsley, you guys, her skin.
It gets so dry during the winter and is so sensitive.
I feel bad for her.

My plan {thanks fb peeps} is to whip this coconut oil and make some body butter for her. 
::Hopefully:: {fingers crossed} this stuff will work wonders for my little Lee.

Please share lovelies, have you used this stuff?
What are you favorite recipes and uses?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have much to share because it is new to me too, but I've substituted it a couple of different times in recipes that called for butter (made my pancakes with them and a chicken dish)... both were absolutely fabulous with a hint smell (but not really taste) of coconut. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing to share - except that I've always wanted to try it out, too. I've heard so many great things about it.

    ReplyDelete