Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I have a cankle

Yesterday my ankle, yes, I promise that's an ankle looked like this. (The squiggle lines are from my socks and the ace bandage I had wrapped around it.)
Yuck.




I still didn't go to the doctor though.
1. We have a high deductible insurance plan. Yay for insurance but it costs us mucho dinero to go to the doctor.
2. I have this fear that when I go to the doctor that they are going to tell me that nothing is wrong and I'm just a big 'ol baby.

So the idea of going to the doctor, spending lots of money only to be told that there's nothing wrong with me and I need to put my big girl pants on is less than ideal.

Yesterday though K got home from work, took one look at my cankle and promptly told me that I NEEDED to get it checked out.
In other words, it was nasty looking and needed a medical professional stat!

So, I did what any rational person would, I went to the PTO meeting first and then headed over.

I took a pic for my mom. She has a weird thing about seeing medical stuff like I do and she's my mom.





Ankles are so overrated, especially when you can no longer find yours.

The doctor said that it was definitely swollen and bruised (the picture doesn't do it justice).

A physical exam and three X-rays later and a sprained ankle was diagnosed.
My consolation prize was a lovely air cast and instructions to ice, rest and elevate said ankle.




So attractive.

Today I got the good news that the radiologist that looked at my X-rays today didn't see any fractures just soft tissue swelling.

Good news and I'll take it.
Now I'm just praying that I have one of those sprains that's better than a fracture rather than those pesky ones that can be worse according to my mom and Jennifer.

If you need me I'll be attempting to keep my ankle up and praying I heal quickly so I can get back to the gym ASAP!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment