Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bullied




I had plans today to write about the slew of seflies that Abby took this morning or about Ainsley wearing her princess crown all the time or maybe about Adison's first science fair project.

All of that was pushed to the recesses of my mind when I picked my girl up from school today.

She was pale, drawn looking, she looked like she was in pain.
Hurt was spread across her face and my momma heart hurt just looking at her even though I didn't know the reason.

She hopped in the van and I immediately asked her what was wrong.
She said she didn't want to talk about it at first and her lip started quivering.
I saw the tears build-up in her eyes and her face flush.

Then the dam broke.
A boy that she has been having problems with for several years is messing with her again.
He messed with her on two separate occasions.
He called her names, awful names.
He criticized her and lied about her.
He poked fun at her.
He bullied her.

My girl, my precious girl that is just so ... intense, amazing, intelligent, thoughtful, full of spark and life, my girl who marches to the beat of her own drum.
My girl.

We've dealt with him with this before.
It was awful.

My girl is being hurt.

It's unacceptable.
I feel the momma bear in my heart roaring.

Tomorrow.
Tomorrow I will call the principal {who is amazing} and get this worked out again.
Again.

Will you guys please pray for Adison?
That she can see his lies for what they really are.
That this won't be a defining situation for her?
That this boy will have his eyes opened to the hurt that he is causing.
That K and I have the words to speak to ease her aching heart.

Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Of course! And hugs to my girl Adison! Give her our love!!

    ReplyDelete