Friday, August 30, 2013

Adios Summer






Summer is almost over.
There, I've said it.
I've uttered those four dreadful words.
Over. Finished. Done.

This Summer has been a good one.
Scratch that, I'd go so far and say glorious.
An A+ in fact.
Sure, we've had some rough days but overall it was kind to us.

Swimming, swimming and more swimming.
Parks, picnics, playing with friends, ice cream and sleeping in.

This Summer could possible win the award for my most favorite thus far.
This afternoon, after picking up the big girls from school we are hitting the pool for the last time this year.
**sob**
I'm planning on staying until they kick us out.
We're going to swim until we turn pruney and the kids are all but BEGGING to leave.

Summer,
Thanks for your warm days, sunny skies and fun we've had.
Love,
A very grateful mom

P.S. could you please keep the bugs away next year? I could do without the mosquitos, chiggers, horseflies and such. xo

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This year has gone so fast! I remember your saying good-bye to summer last year. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has flown by, they busyness of the school year has already kicked in and I'm ready to cry "uncle!" How was your summer?

      Delete
    2. It was good. Without kids, the only thing that's different in our lives is the weather:-) but, my life long best friend moved just a block away from me a few weeks ago, so that's nice. She has 2 daughter ages 13 (going on 30) and 12. Their activities during the school year keep me kind of busy, I guess.

      Delete
    3. Ugh! This stupid iPad froze on me. Anyway, that's about it really. My parents came back for a visit a few weeks ago, and we visited my aunt's grave for the 1st time. That was hard. This Sunday would be her and my uncle's 29th anniversary, so I'm sure that will be hard for him. But really our lives are pretty mundane :-)

      Delete