Monday, June 3, 2013

The Color Run 3.0


Heads up, this is a picture HEAVY post.

On Saturday, I did The Color Run (CR) for the third time.
It was a blast!

I wasn't able to run it though, my ankle hasn't healed yet.
I think it's safe to say that when my Dr. told me I would have been better off breaking it she was telling the truth.

This CR was particularly awesome because I was able to do it with my mom.
I did it with my two besties, Jennifer and Clara, for the third time as well :)
All three of us had our moms there and Clara had one of her sisters there as well.

It was a fun time hanging out with the ladies!



My mom and I at the hotel before the run.
We had a blast!


Since we had our moms {and sister!} we decided to go all out this year.
Tiaras, tutus with rainbow colors and fun socks.


Jennifer, me and Clara, pre-race at the event.
Notice the tiaras?
They match our tutus.


I had to curtsy, it's impossible to not feel like a princess with a pink tiara and pink & white tutu on.
This pic cracks me up, notice the port-a-potties in the background!!!


Here's me in all of my pre-race color.
We only did the color on the back so it was mostly white.


At this point we had made it through orange and yellow as well as some spray green and purple.
We posed in the exact same spot when we did our first CR in KC {the second was in Lawrence}.
Notice the photobomber??? In a previous pic he could be seen jumping behind us.

The CR really is a blast.
It is so fun and happy, people are there to have a good time.
It really brings out the kid in everyone.


This pic was post-CR and four color tosses.
When you pick up your race packets the day before they give you a packet of color.
When you get to the end of the race there is a stage with a dj playing music.
They count down and everyone throws their color in the air.
It is such a fun experience!


We were filthy!
At the yellow station someone had thrown yellow right into my ear, my scalp was {and still is green}.
My mom told me that I looked like I belonged in the movie Avatar.


Post-race and post-shower.
After some scrubbing, okay, a lot of scrubbing I was pretty clean.
Like I said, still some green on my scalp, no matter how long I wash my hair it always seems to take a while to get it all out.

This Color Run really was fun, I can't wait to do it in KC next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment